Hello everyone! I'm currently in Berlin, loving every minute of it. I remember again why it was one of my favorite cities last time around. There is just so much history in this city but because it's taken so much time to rebuild after the World Wars and reunite East and West sides after the wall came down that it's incredibly young.
After a stressful time train trip... well.. when I say stressful I just mean going between the trains.... we had to run to catch the two we transferred to and well... with two months worth of stuff on your body... it's hard to run.... especially when Devan and her friend Morgan from Den Haag are cackling behind you. I'm sure I did look absolutely ridiculous though.
We made it to Berlin around 7:20 and got to our hostel around 8 with just enough time to shower and get ready and check out some local discos as suggested to me by my friend Erin, who's studying in Berlin but conveniently took a vacation to Athens this weekend.... I don't blame her though, the weather here is crummy, Athens would be definately great right about now. Well. Let's just say Berlin is not exactly big on the "Thirsty Thursday" from what we could see because... well. The first disco Soda was actually pretty packed... but with people like a minimum of 10 years older than us salsa dancing... so we're like okay no.
Second one was a place called Alte Katine. Wow. The music. Backstreet boys... Britney Spears... Nsync... it was great. Oh and the dancing. I busted out every ridiculous move I could think of... no one even looked at me funny. Germans really have an interesting way of dancing.
Yesterday we got up with just enough time to hit the Free Berlin walking tour that I did last year, just as good as I remembered... 3.5 hours of walking all around Berlin and learning about 800 years of German history. We got back, showered, and went on a crazy German pub crawl with about 40 other people, with people from all over, Argentina, Scotland, US, Norway... it was great.
Today, we were moving pretty slowly, finally got ourselves out of our hostel to check out one of the flea markets in Tiergarten... which seems to be Berlin's version of Central Park. Then we walked home. Quite a LOT of walking.
Still having a blast and thinking of everyone at home all the time!
Bisous!
Maura
this sounds amazing! i can imagine you at the disco belting out nsync...ad especially with devan. missing you as always...be safe! xo.
ReplyDelete