I thought it might be time that I share pictures of my new home! Ive been in for almost a whole week now but I didn't really feel very settled until after the trip to IKEA. I still have a lot of decorating to do, but at least for now it feels like a place of my own.
First here is the view down the stairs from the 4eme etage (4th floor... if you count the ground floor as 0)

And here is the entrance to the apt, Meredith and I share one common entrance with the toilet just to the left of this door.
This next picture is the main room of my studio. It's not much but I have a big girl bed, a full sized kitchen table, wardrobe and view of the castle (although its just one side and you'd never know it was the chateau unless someone told you.)
Please note... the elephant tapestry was not put up by me... but I like it! It works with the comforter that I bought at IKEA. Thank god there is an Ikea not too far.

And then here is my tiny kitchenette with just enough space to make a bowl of noodles. The fish platter was some of the dishes provided to me by my landlord... cute right? For fruit he told me.
Next is my little "bathroom" : sink and shower. The shower comes up to about mid thigh so getting in and out of it is kind of terrifying and shaving my legs is very difficult. The space is so small that when i bend over I tend to hit the hot water knob and all of a sudden im scalded or freezing. I will figure out the best technique... soon I hope. and finally... the view! The largest building in the back is the chateau... thats how close it is! And thats it! Tiny but it has all I need!A bientot!
Bisous!
Maura


Was your studio furnished?
ReplyDeleteDoes the size of your bathroom mean you won't be shaving your legs very often ? :)
ha. probably.
ReplyDelete