Sunday, January 9, 2011

5 day weekend? Sweet!

Bonjour tout le monde!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I may be far away but I'm cheering on the Packers from far away! Beat the Eagles! If only Blois was a city that I could be in a sports bar watching the game but unfortunately i will just be doing my best to follow the game online.

I survived my first full week back in Blois, just barely. Well, that's not exactly true. It really wasn't as strenuous as I expected. Due to jet lag and all the excitement of le Nouvel An, Monday was a rough day of school. I think my body was so confused about what time it was in the city I was in that I could not fall asleep til about 4am which made my 6:30 alarm a particularly painful wake up call. I somehow survived the day (with the help of two different naps) and by Tuesday I was finally readjusted. Flying to Europe is much more painful than the return in my opinion. It's something about arriving and suddenly its early the next morning that is much more challenging than arriving the same day.

Anyways, this week was an important one. We celebrated our very first birthday. Our favorite Brit, Harry Phillips  turned 21 years old. Of course, we're in Europe so 21 is just another age. But we were not going to accept that. We were going to do it up, American style. What does this mean? Thanks to Emily's wonderful mother, we had the classic American Party RED CUPS.

 I know what you might be thinking, can't you get red cups in Europe? I'm sure they have the same thing. WRONG. The weight, size, totally different. So around 10 pm we gathered Chez Harry and had a mini flip cup tournament. Although we were mostly americans, it felt nice to really introduce the game to a Brit and German. Although our German friend had already played. It did bring out my super competitive side, screaming at Harry to use two hands when the cup kept falling. What can I say, I love the game.

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. And it happened to be a 5 day weekend as well which was a lovely surprise. I am off on Wednesdays which is nice but Thursday when I went to class they said, oh we don't need you today. Awesome!

That's pretty much it. Unexciting. Have a great start of next week!

Go Pack!

Maura

No comments:

Post a Comment